printing from Win95

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 23 08:00:14 GMT 1998

> Ok - I've done this for the time being.  I couldn't (easily) get the source
> from 9/19/98 to build, however the source from th 18th worked fine, but the
> source from the 20th didn't.

unfortunately there were quite a few changes from the 18th to the
20th.

This is the diffstat info:

 client.c               |  254 +++++++++++++++++++++--
 clitar.c               |  287 +++++++++++++++++++++-----
 config.h.in            |   23 ++
 configure              |  540 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 configure.in           |   32 ++
 dfree.c                |   44 +--
 fileio.c               |   22 -
 filename.c             |   16 +
 includes.h             |   34 +++
 ipc.c                  |   24 --
 loadparm.c             |   30 ++
 negprot.c              |   17 -
 nttrans.c              |   44 +--
 open.c                 |   85 ++++---
 oplock.c               |   60 +++++
 proto.h                |   22 +
 reply.c                |   38 ---
 smb.h                  |   18 +
 smbpass.c              |   14 -
 system.c               |   32 ++
 trans2.c               |   75 ++----
 util.c                 |   33 --

you can ignore the client changes.

To try to narrow it own further I'd take a 20th source tree and
convert it file by file back to a 18th tree, testing after each
file. I think that will be possible without too much hacking. (going
the other way would be very tricky!).

you could also test after every few files, which would save you some
testing and allow you to narrow it down to 1 file in just a few
tests. (if you are lucky).

In case you don't know, you can get a complete diff from the 18th to
the 20th by doing:

    cvs diff -u -D "9/18/98" -D "9/20/98" .

in the tree you want to look at (usually in a current
tree). Unfortunately this produces 4696 lines of diff, which is why we
need to narrow it down a bit more.

Cheers, Tridge

PS: Thanks for taking the time to help us track this down!