icons problem

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 7 22:29:00 GMT 1998

> Anyway, Microsoft gives away the main Office 97 icons to be installed
> locally.

yes, I saw that in the knowledgebase. The particular case I was
looking at was general .exe files though, not just the office ones.

> Perhaps this "slow" response is the same thing that we see when
> connecting to a Samba server to get NT-profiles?

that's very possible. If I get time I might try to reproduce the "slow
server" profiles message on NT by adding some sleep() calls, and try
to quantify the timing threshold.