TotalNet

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 25 03:50:15 GMT 1998

> We have a group on campus trying to install and run TotalNet.  I
> understand that this is based on Microsoft code.

I don't believe so. As far as I know TotalNet (also known as TAS, see
www.syntax.com) is an independent implementation.

It's main claim to fame is that it supports multiple protocol stacks
(IPX, NetBeui as well as TCP), although that is less of a selling
point these days.

I was hoping that TAS was going to be at the CIFS interp, but
unfortunately they didn't show up. They did have a couple of people at
the conference but didn't make much noise.