smbsh progressy

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 5 15:28:03 GMT 1998

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> I've implemented all of those now. You're out of date by _hours_ :-)

Heh, I knew that if I didn't work furiously you would just do it all
anyway.  :)

> > With all the success people seem to be having under 2.5, I suppose
> > I'll get another cvs update and see what other changes have been
> > committed.
>
> yep :-)

But where is setenv() under Solaris 2.6?  Yesterday I added

#ifdef SUNOS5
int setenv (const char *name, const char *value, int i)
{
	pstring envstring;

	pstrcpy(envstring, name);
	pstrcat(envstring, "=");
	pstrcat(envstring, value);
	return putenv(envstring);
}
#endif

to smbw_dir.c to make it work.  Today when I 'cd /smb/' I get
a fatal relocation error "setenv: symbol not found."  When I
add the above code, the cd succeeds but ls still seg faults.
Hmm, but if I bump debugging back up to 5, it doesn't set
fault, but it seems to still open the underlying /smb
directory. If I cd to a server name, I get /.  I guess I have to look at it
some more.

In answer to Alexendre Olivia question, yesterday I also added

LD_PRELOAD="$LIBDIR/smbwrapper.so /usr/lib/libsocket.so /usr/lib/libnsl.so"

to smbsh to get that to work.

I've been thinking about an "smb-agent" type program, but I'm probably
not the most qualified person to write that either.

- edan