smbsh progressy

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon Oct 5 01:25:50 GMT 1998

Andrew Tridgell <tridge at samba.anu.edu.au> writes:

>> BTW, shouldn't samba compile with 64-bit file offset on Solaris 2.6?

> Jeremy was looking at the 64 bit stuff, I'm not sure what the status
> of the solaris support for it is.

smbsh is working on Solaris 2.5, after adding $(LIBS) to the
smbwrapper.so line.  I'm building on Solaris 2.6 right now.  I'll also
give RedHat Linux/alpha a try; it's likely to work.

My only complaint is that I *must* create smb.conf for it to work,
whereas most other utilities won't require it.  Couldn't smbwrapper
live without smb.conf, if it is missing?

>> It's quite easy to do, it's a simple autoconf test.  I've also got the
>> HP/UX 11 64-bit file support test in the Amanda sources too, should I
>> copy them into SAMBA's configure.in?

> yep, sounds good!

Done (testing before commit)

--