smbsh progressy

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 5 03:06:29 GMT 1998

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> smbsh is working on Solaris 2.5, after adding $(LIBS) to the
> smbwrapper.so line.  I'm building on Solaris 2.6 right now.  I'll also
> give RedHat Linux/alpha a try; it's likely to work.

smbwrapper.so will build fairly easily under Solaris 2.6,
but it won't *work* without the xxx64 functions.

I think the biggest thing I had to wrap around #ifdef's
were the kernel_stat parts and the stat family of functions.

I would hate to feel so silly that you just added some
autoconf tests and then it just worked fine under Solaris 2.6 :)

I'm currently LD_PRELOADing lib{socket,nsl} ... I suppose
linking it in would be slicker :)

> whereas most other utilities won't require it.  Couldn't smbwrapper
> live without smb.conf, if it is missing?

smbclient seems to do fine without it; I agree that smbwrapper.so
should try to do the same thing.

I'm still having some trouble chdir()'ing into the /smb hierarchy.
I cd to /smb but ls is getting _readdir64.

With all the success people seem to be having under 2.5, I suppose
I'll get another cvs update and see what other changes have been
committed.

- edan