smbsh progressy

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Sun Oct 4 23:32:25 GMT 1998

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> Edan is working on the Solaris 2.6 port, though I might take a look at
> that later today as well. Looks like it just needs a few xxx64()
> functions to be wrapped.

Basically, yes :)  I had to hack up the getdents() function a bit
since Solaris defines d_name with a size of 1.  I never was able
to get my debugging code from that function to work, but it works
well now (except for longer filenames).

Did you not have to change getdents() for Solaris 2.5.1?  We
seriously will want to implement a readdir cache when this
gets working better :)

At the moment it's chdir() that's broken.  If I

    % cd /smb/server

I get

set SMBW_CWD2 to /smb/wash
setenv PWD to /smb/wash
PWD=/smb/wash
smbw_chdir (/)
cleaning /
cleaned / (fname=/ cwd=/smb/wash)
set SMBW_CWD to /
setenv PWD to /
PWD=/

and I'm really am back in /.  The extra lines are my setenv() wrapper
code.  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.

But at least I can see the browse list, and I can see shares, I
just can't cd into them.  :)

- edan