LDAP status

Chris Tomlinson christine.tomlinson at INNOSOFT.COM
Tue Nov 24 16:56:16 GMT 1998

Matt,

Are you integrating LDAP with aliasdb, groupdb, and passgrp as well as passdb?

What schema are you using? Is there any sense in trying to use a common schema
between the NIS stuff and LDAP? What I'm thinking of is something like the RFC2307.

I thought that it would be helpful if there was a common schema that could be used
for both direct LDAP to Samba and for LDAP used with PAM (that would include
Samba->PAM->LDAP, Apache->mod_pam->LDAP, etc.). NIS should fit in as well so one
might well have a NIS client->LDAP that uses LDAP as the NIS db.

Thanks and ciao,
Christine Tomlinson