rpcclient samtest with SP4 server - core dump

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Tue Nov 24 16:08:26 GMT 1998

> On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
> > it fails (samba-2beta2) Sorry, I can currently provide only
> tcpdump traces.
> > Should I do it?
>
> a log level 100, recompile with "-DDEBUG_PASSWORD" would be better.

I'll give it a try

> > tsetuser is domain account; after that I can connect with old
> password. I
> > can logon from another NT workstation as well.
>
> did you try changing the password on the NT server for that acount NT user
> (tsetuser) from the NT workstation?  does _that_ succeed?

yes. Tried immediately after that with rpcclient. The first attempt - cannot
setup session (the same as connecting first time as new user), the second -
ntpass failed

> have you tried with the latest cvs repository (not the samba-2beta2)? i.e
> not the SAMBA_2_0 branch?

Firewall. Just tried ftp cvs.samba.org/unpacked - is empty. I already
wondered, where is the latest alpha.

/andrej