CVS update: samba/source/include

Tim Potter tpot at acsys.anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 21 00:15:22 GMT 1998

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> it's not that fascinating :-)  the interactive debug parameter is static
> in debug.c, i wanted to be able to do different things depending on
> whether a user specifies in rpcclient / smbtorture that debug info is to
> go to a file or to stdout.
>
> if stdout (interactive debugging) then shove _everything- on stdout.
>
> if not stdout, then for smbtorture, make a log file per process.  i had
> problems with multiple processes getting confusing output to stdout...

OK.  Speaking of debugging I was wondering the other day where some of my
debug messages were going.  They were not to be found in log.smb or
log.hostname but the debug statements were definitely being executed.  Is
there some state that Samba gets in where it doesn't know where to put
debug messages?  Or is that what log.smb is for...

Tim.