?: RegConnectRegistry for UNIX

Stephen Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Fri Nov 13 23:08:03 GMT 1998

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> ok, i followed up on this.  the wine project is under the BSD license
> agreement.  therefore samba code cannot go directly into that source tree
> except under the BSD license, which is unfortunately too much of a risk.

> their work looks pretty good: it does win95 file-format registry however,
> not NT, so there is no security info in this file.

Well, the BSD-style license of Wine would prevent any code from Samba from
being included in Wine, but doesn't present a conflict if someone wanted
to incorporate Wine code into Samba.  I suppose it doesn't matter much at
this point, since you're probably just about done reimplementing it
anywho... :)

-Steve Langasek