?: RegConnectRegistry for UNIX

William Stuart william at hae.com
Fri Nov 13 23:26:36 GMT 1998

The problem is the WINE code would "taint" the SAMBA code.  That is, if
SAMBA contains WINE code it would need to be released under the BSD license
and lose the protection of the GPL.

Therefore, they CAN legally use the code, but only if they release under the
less restrictive BSD license.
---
William Stuart (william at hae.com)