CVS update: samba/source/rpc_client

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Nov 10 18:33:43 GMT 1998

> >it's a bit unfortunate or maybe it _is_ fortunate that at exactly the same
> >time as you're writing a perfect candidate for a vfs extension that
> >someone else is writing a vfs extender :-)
> >
> >luke
> >
> My plan was to write a version of SAMBA tha we could use internally. I

oh, ok.  hm.  that's what a lot of people who made significant
contributions to samba do, and then they stick with that version, and they
get out-of-date, and can't kep current with bug fixes, security fixes etc.

in the long run, it's far more effort to stay current.

> plan on handing off all my changes to the SAMBA team and allow them to do
> what every they wish with them. So I would guess that if and when the
> changes get put into a version is up to SAMBA.

yes, i would like to see your streams support in the mainline samba code,
post-2_0 split.

lukes