CVS update: samba/source/rpc_client

colley george at thursby.com
Tue Nov 10 19:55:54 GMT 1998

>> >it's a bit unfortunate or maybe it _is_ fortunate that at exactly the same
>> >time as you're writing a perfect candidate for a vfs extension that
>> >someone else is writing a vfs extender :-)
>> >
>> >luke
>> >
>> My plan was to write a version of SAMBA tha we could use internally. I
>
>oh, ok.  hm.  that's what a lot of people who made significant
>contributions to samba do, and then they stick with that version, and they
>get out-of-date, and can't kep current with bug fixes, security fixes etc.
>
>in the long run, it's far more effort to stay current.

I do not plan on just dropping it off and never working on it again. What
I meant to say was once SAMBA decided to incorporate these changes that
it would be my intention to keep them up to date. It would benefit
Thursby greatly to keep these change working and up to date at all time.
I would in fact believe that we would recommend this version to all our
customer and in doing so would want them to be bug free. Which would mean
we would have to keep updating the revs as SAMBA updates its revs.
Because I have never written a perfect piece of code yet I would think
that some how I would have to update this code. I am not sure how this is
done yet. My goal was to get a version that SAMBA could tie into one of
it's releases and then find out how I could stay in touch with the code.
George

#                  Thursby Software Systems, Inc.            #
# George K. Colley                   Senior Network Engineer #
# 5840 W. Interstate 20 Suite 160    Arlington, Texas 76017  #
# Phone: 817-478-5070                Fax: 817-561-2313       #
# email: george at thursby.com          web: www.thursby.com    #