Conflicts under Irix.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Mon Nov 9 23:03:38 GMT 1998

Someone has hard-wired a flag in the Makefile.in that seems to be causing
some trouble under Irix.  I typically run ./configure as follows:

  export CFLAGS="-n32 -O2"; ./configure

This is supposed to force use of the "new" 32-bit model.  However, there
are several places in Makefile.in where the -32 flag ("old" 32-bit model)
is hard coded.  I'm not sure which of these is causing the problem, but I
get:

Linking shared library bin/smbwrapper.so
ld: FATAL 12: Expecting o32 objects: smbwrapper/smbw.po is n32.
*** Error code 4 (bu21)

I believe that the "new" 32-bit model is the default in many cases.  Is
there any chance that one of the SGI folks could look at this?

Chris -)-----