your mail

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri May 22 13:28:06 GMT 1998

> i just finished (yet another :-) cvs xfer and i guess i better do an
> update, so it will take me some while to get re-aquainted. from you
> message it seems you expect the api to return the hashed password,
> that might cause me some trouble, since my authentication server does
> authentication but does not provide the hashed password.

really???  how bizarre.  so, it supports what.  the authentication uses
the challenge/response system, or do you pass it a hash?

which hashed password: the unix one; the NT 16 byte clear-text equivalent
one or the LM 16 byte clear-text equivalent one?

hm.  why does your authentication server do this?  can you _set_ the
password via an API call to your auth server?

luke