possible cvs update problems

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Wed May 13 00:10:20 GMT 1998

Luke,

just to explain a little ...

The anonymous cvs comes from a mirror of the repository, not the
repository itself (due to paranoid security concerns).

The mirror re-syncs whenever the CVSROOT/history file changes. So if
things get out of sync (which they shouldn't) then just do a cvs
update in the non-anonymous tree and this will change the history file
which will cause the next anonymous cvs access to do a total re-sync.

in this case I think the problems were at the client end, not on the
server. I just did a anonymous checkout myself and it compiled
cleanly.

Cheers, Andrew

PS: Problems can happen if you do a checkout at exactly the same time
as someone is doing a checkin. In that case all you can do is delete
the affected files and checkout again.