Black hole shares

Samba Bugs samba at aquasoft.com.au
Thu Mar 26 10:13:06 GMT 1998

Dan,

I do not like this. Office products actually will check that what was
written is there - if the share is writtable. I have ALWAYS installed
the Network Shared Office installation on a read-only share. This is a
problem mostly for Access which needs to have full locking support on a
writtable set of files in WORKDIR in which it stores the multi-user
locking stuff for it's own .mdb files.

Eeck! No. No black holes please!

Cheers,
John T.