Duplicate names under Samba ...

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jul 24 14:26:36 GMT 1998

Well,

I have checked with another version of 1.9.19prealpha, and it does not
allow duplicate names on the network. Hmmm, further testing reveals that
this may be because nmbd had died and the PCs fell back to using broadcasts
for name registration.  Once I had nmbd running, they seemed happy to both
be on the network at the same time with the same name!

I now have to find out exactly what version it is that we have at NCI.

How can one figure out the CVS version?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...