CVS update: samba/source/nmbd

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 31 22:53:47 GMT 1998

> this has the side-effect of delaying the propagation / removal of old
> information, surely?

yes, that's the downside. I thought about it and decided it was better
to have old workgroups than not have some real workgroups.

I don't think we can avoid old workgroups staying around. The lack of
a ttl in the NetServerEnum reply makes it basically impossible.

> also, exactly what are you propagating?  the only information that needs
> to be propagated across multiple workgroups is the list of workgroups
> themselves, not the machines _in_ those workgroups.

sure, that's why I added a new parameter which tells the list code
whether to ask for workgroup names only. It only asks for machine
names when querying its own workgroup.

> therefore, the samba server need not obtain a complete list of machines in
> each workgroup, it need only obtain a list of workgroups from each DMB it
> knows about (*<1b>).

yep, that's what I did.