Detect Slow network connection

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Aug 31 21:55:46 GMT 1998

Does anyone know how NT detects a slow network connection
when attempting to login a user and grab his / her profile?

I seem to be getting this consistently usiong the CVS source
from Aug27.  I have played with some policies settings but
nothing sems to affect this.

Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks,
j-