how to test magic script

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Thu Aug 20 11:52:08 GMT 1998

Charlie Brady wrote:
> But they're such a *useful* hack.... :-)
>
> I wonder if that would make it possible to do things like auto LF-CR
> conversion, with the SMB file operations taking place on a created
> converted temp file. I guess it would be hard or impossible to get
> file
> size stuff on unopened files to work properly.

	Methinks these are two different things: magic
	scripts allow the moral equivalent of rsh,
	while before/after actions are pre and post-
	processors for file transfer.

	The problem is that Windows doesn't have
	the concept of a remote command, so you need
	to figure out a way to package the functionality on
	the PC end.  I suspect that's part of the reason
	you suggested before/after actions for files...

	Counterproposal to Andrew: ask the PC-using community for
	a suitable packaging of the functionality that
	``magic'' gives.  Someone might think of an elegant
	way to dekludge it (:-))

--dave (who wouldn't mind before/after actions either) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown,  | Cherish your enemies.  They're harder to
185 Ellerslie Ave.,   | come by than friends and more motivated.