Max open files....

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Mon Apr 20 15:01:09 GMT 1998

Okay, I'm on it.  I'll write both IdleStream and IdleFile modules (for
streams and file descriptors, respectively).  I've already got IdleStream
done, I think.  It's probably not production-ready, but I know I've got
the code out there.

Depending upon the usage of this module, we should be able to allow a
"practically infinite" number of files to be "virtually open".  It should
be possible to set the max number of "really open" files on a per share
(per user?) basis.

The real problem will be integrating this into Samba, as we'll need to
identify and modify all of the file I/O calls that are related.

Comments?

Chris -)-----

PS.  The new ubiqx database modules were released late Sunday evening,
     CST.