net time command and permissions

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Apr 19 12:44:34 GMT 1998

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> does anyone know if any special permissions are needed in order to run the
> net time command against a host? Eg, if doing:
>
>   net time \\server.my.dom
>
> Do you need to have logged into server.my.dom?

You need to be able to make a guest connection ( ie. net view
\\server.my.dom ).  This is of course if your current username/password
pair is invalid on that host.  Make sense?

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )