[samba-soc] first cup of coffee, ssh, gpg, & email

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Jun 28 13:11:58 GMT 2005

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> I'm the SVN admin on samba.org.
> And I'll create the branches for all of you soon.
> Please give a few (1-3) days to set all this up.
>
> PLEASE: don't use svn+ssh: access to our repositories till,
> I send the OK on this mailing list.
>
> if you want to start coding, please use the SVN-URL's from
> here:
> http://devel.samba.org/

Just to follow up on metze's message:

The plan is to to create several branches in the main
Samba svn repository.  Creating the branches is easy.
We just need a little time to setup the permissions
correctly.

The layout will be something like this:

/samba/branches/SOC/SAMBA_3_0	(smbclient and libmsrpc work)
/samba/branches/SOC/sangria	(python framework)
/samba/branches/SOC/SAMBA_4_0	(DsSync work)
/linux-cifs-client/branches/SOC	(dnotify cifs fs work)

Metze will let everyone know when the branches are available.

Another tool that might be handy is the viewcvs interface to
our svn trees.  See http://websvn.samba.org/ for details.
You can also view patch sets.  And if you want to monitor
checkins and commit messages, you can sign up for the
samba-cvs list at https://lists.samba.org/listinfo/samba-cvs.
A lot of these messages won't apply to you but it is an easy
way to stay current with what every one is doing.

The other thing that Deryck and I have consider putting up
is a blogging system for project status updates.  Mostly
just reports on what has been finished and what is left to do.
This is something I'm curious about beyond the summer projects.
So consider it optional (once it is available, I'll send out
more details).

Finally, here are some email addresses that should be easier
to remember:

Brad Henry		brad at samba.org
Amit Regmi		amit at samba.org
Chris Nicholls		skel at samba.org
Asser Schrøder Femø	asser at samba.org
Kalim Moghul		kalim at samba.org

And could everyone send me their current timezone?
Much appreciated.

cheers, jerry