[samba-soc] first cup of coffee, ssh, gpg, & email

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Jun 27 22:10:33 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:
> Morning (for those of you somewhere near GMT-5),
>
> WARNING: Really long mail to follow....
>
> We have everyone on the list now so let's start with introductions
> and how is doing what.
>
> Name			Project
> ====			=======
> Amit Regmi		Samba 3 Management python Framework
> Chris Nicholls		Samba 3 Implementation of libmsrpc library
> Kalim Moghul		Samba 3 Rewrite of smbclient using libsmbclient
> Brad Henry		Samba 4 DsSync protocol & testing suite
> Jelmer Vernooij		Samba 4 Upgrade path from Samba 3 -> Samba 4
> Asser Schrøder Femø	CIFS FS Dnotify support
>

> Getting Started
> ===============
>
> We will be hosting all the development on Samba.org.  No need
> to setup accounts on sourceforge or somewhere else.  Most projects
> will work in a temporary branch directly off the main Samba svn
> repository.  The exceptions will be projects that need to maintain
> a separate logical identity due to interface design, etc...
> (e.g. the python framework).  Steve French will let me know how
> he wants to handle the CIFS fs work.  We may just setup a new svn repo
> or use the existing lorikeet one possibly.

> Now email me the two files: id_rsa.pub, id_rsa.pub.asc

Hi everybody,

I'm the SVN admin on samba.org.
And I'll create the branches for all of you soon.
Please give a few (1-3) days to set all this up.

PLEASE: don't use svn+ssh: access to our repositories till,
I send the OK on this mailing list.

if you want to start coding, please use the SVN-URL's from
here:
http://devel.samba.org/

thanks!
- --