No subject

Tue Dec 2 02:23:37 GMT 2003

machines are sending the hostname is because it is trying to join the domain HERCULES.  What I would suggest is set 'domain logins = no' and domain master =
no ,  Then if the users who are trying to connect are part of the Domain, set your 'password server =EDUSERVER'.   But for this to work you will also have to
have either the same local user account or use something like 'domain user map = /usr/local/samba/private/domainuser.map'   in the domain user map file you
will set up aliases where <local linux user> = <NT Domain user>

Patrick