Samba and Win2k AD authentication

Andreas Boeckler abo at netlands.de
Sat Sep 29 12:43:17 GMT 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 04:42:25PM -0400, Adam Williams wrote:
> >I need to all Linux File servers to my network.  We are using Win2k with
> >AD for Exchange2k (the one system my management will not let go of).
> >How can I keep a single point of authentication for all users, Linux or
> >windows based workstations?
>
> pam_ldap and nss_ldap claim to support AD>
yes .. but you need the
Services for Unix to be installed on the Windows2000 ADS
see doc/README.SFU in the libnss_ldap-source

I'm trying to get libnss_winbind and libnss_ldap together. I hope that it will work.

--
Andreas Böckler				netlands edv consulting GbR
mailto:abo at netlands.de

BOFH excuse #125: we just switched to Sprint.