samba to trust another windows domain

NITIN PANDE npande at bajajauto.co.in
Fri Sep 28 01:23:03 GMT 2001

This is from Roman Kozello--------------------->
Make sure you set up 'domain admin users' in smb.conf. Mapping this
account to root in smbusers file and adding a user root to smbpasswd may
also be necessary.
However, creating machine trust account through Windows Net->Properties
leads to disabled account.
Enable it with webmin or look at smbpasswd file - remove letter D at the
right side of appropriate string.
Then, close Net->Properties applets window and join domain again without
creating an account. You should go.

Or, better, create <machine_name$> Unix account with no shell, no home,
no password...
And # smbpasswd -a -m <machine_name>
Join domain without creating trust account from Win side.
HTH. Ciao,
Nitin Pande
Mail Administrator
Bajaj Auto Ltd.