SMBD eating CPU time - I know it was talked about

Robert M. Martel bob at urban.csuohio.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:47:20 GMT 2001

	I know others have seen the problem w/ one or a few smbd processes
eating up massive amount of CPU.  I was trying to look through the mailing list
archives, but there seems to be chunks of them missing - like most of the month
of August - so my search didn't turn up anything.

	So, can someone steer me in the right direction to correct this problem?
 I have 2.2.1a on Solaris 8, and the eating CPU happened just enough to be
annoying.

	Thanks very much!
	Bob Martel
 Speaking only for myself - CSU pays better people than me to speak for them.

 Bob Martel - System Administrator   | I met someone who looks a lot like you
 Levin College of Urban Affairs      | She does the things you do
 Cleveland State University          | But she is an IBM
 (216) 687-2214                      |
 bob at meeker.csuohio.edu              |                     -Jeff Lynne