Windows virus/worm triggers Samba warnings

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 26 00:17:03 GMT 2001

NITIN PANDE wrote:

> This could be that Nimda or Sircam virus.  What is the role of your infected NT Server?
> Sircam sends out e-mail to other guys.

As far as I can tell, it does not have an integrated A.I. that would only pick
male victims ;-).

> Also, on similar topic, I was wondering if someone could provide these worm signatures.
> Each of these virus/worm leave a fingerprint on the files.  Maybe I could scan the files
> on Samba server searching for these fingerprints on users shares.  Norton Antivirus has
> a virus scanner for Solaris only.  Linux and other guys have to depend on M$ box to scan
> them.  Any suggestions,

There are several products that do run on Linux. For a list see e.g.
	http://openantivirus.sourceforge.net/av-unix_e.txt

--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany