Help ! Samba as PDC under E-Smith 4.1.2.

Olivier Beeckmans BeeckmansO at Abasaf.be
Sun Sep 16 15:09:02 GMT 2001

Sorry I've send first this mail in HTML Format, Here is a Text Version.

Hello samba user,

I use samba on an E-Smith version 4.1.2. I've upgraded it with Samba
2.2.1a (I've followed this
http://www.familybrown.org/howtos/samba-upgrade-howto-2.html) without
trouble.

When I try to write a Win2K SP2 workstation or a WinNT4 workstation in
the domain with the root or another account, I receive always the same
message.
The account supplied is a computer account, use a global account

I've no connection to the server and the name of the workgroup is not
the same of the Domain.

What must I do ?

Somebody can send me a good smb.conf and smbpasswd or other necessary
file to try

Thanks a Lot