file sharing disabled under W2K

Doug Douglass samba at denverdata.com
Wed Oct 31 11:25:26 GMT 2001

The issue is what permissions does each account have on the client. When
logging in to the local domain versus the PDC domain, according to the OS,
you are two different users, even if the user names are the same.

So, the local account is probably in the Administrators or Power Users
group, while the PDC domain account is not. Adding the domain account to one
of these local groups should allow that account to share folders from the
client.

You may be able to accomplish the same thing by using policies if adding the
domain account to the Power Users group is not feasible (dunno, I haven't
tried this)

HTH,
Doug