Linux, Samba, and Macintosh's

DavidAtkinson at solectron.com DavidAtkinson at solectron.com
Thu Oct 25 17:25:03 GMT 2001

Guys,
there are several solutions that I have used. The one i prefer is Netatalk
(separate program to samba) because it is free. You could also try Dave
which is a Mac SMB client/server package. Dave is a commercial package, but
there is a limmited trial version on the web. (try download.com, or
simmilar). Netatalk I use at home to support my mothers powerbook laptop. it
does do PAP and AFS but it is no where near as full-featured as Samba. You
can check out netatalk at http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/. If you want
some help you can contact me directly or try some of the netatalk mailing
lists. This isn't exactly Samba NT dom type stuff.

hope this helps.

Regards,
David Atkinson

System Administrator