(no subject)

Greg Zartman greg at kwikfind.com
Thu Oct 25 07:27:07 GMT 2001

> So... i decided to write, after reading a bunch of stuff and getting more
> and more confused.  Please, don't blame me for asking.
>
> I have a Samba 2.2.2 PDC, a few Samba an NT Severs (not PDC), a lot of NT
> 4.0 and W2K clients.
> I'd like to use the usrmgr and the srvmgr on an NT workstation to change
> groups and domains  on the PDC (Deb/2.4.10).
> I'd even like to be able to change group ownership to my unix
> directories/files when i'm their owner and can see the share on my
> NTexplorer.
> Does anybody have a recept, how to make it work?
Although I've yet to try it yet, I believe the new windbindd service is what
you are looking for.  There are numerious posts on the mailing list archives
about this topic.  If you are interested in configuring winbind, I'd read
the PDF howto collection, windbindd man pages, then scan the mailing list
archives.  Set it up and give it a try.

Greg