(no subject)

Manuela.Guandalini at sinnerschrader.com Manuela.Guandalini at sinnerschrader.com
Thu Oct 25 05:39:03 GMT 2001

So... i decided to write, after reading a bunch of stuff and getting more
and more confused.  Please, don't blame me for asking.

I have a Samba 2.2.2 PDC, a few Samba an NT Severs (not PDC), a lot of NT
4.0 and W2K clients.
I'd like to use the usrmgr and the srvmgr on an NT workstation to change
groups and domains  on the PDC (Deb/2.4.10).
I'd even like to be able to change group ownership to my unix
directories/files when i'm their owner and can see the share on my
NTexplorer.
Does anybody have a recept, how to make it work?
I don't understand if i need security=domains on the PDC, or on the other
Servers hanging in the same domain.... or whatever. I don't understand if
winbindd would help, since the PDC is a linux machine and not NT. And what
is with ACL, do i really need it to be supported?
I believe the real problem is, that i don't get this win stuff: it's all so
unlogical!!!
Thanks for recepts, examples, links to the right howtos and other help.
ciao.
manu.