Samba as PDC for win2000

Peter Kernke pk at qtac.edu.au
Mon Oct 22 20:38:01 GMT 2001

Hi
	I am having the most basic of problems. I have setup a PDC with samba
2.2.2 and am trying to get my Win200) machine to join the domain. I followed the
following proceedure
	http://ivy:901/swat/help/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#SAMBA-PDC

	And when I go to the client W2000 box and change from the workgroup to
join the domain I get a popup which says
	Domain and Username Password

	Enter the name and password of an account with permission to join the
	domain

	Name:
	Password:

What user and passwd do I enter here my domain is QTAC so I woul hav thought
that it would be QTAC\root and the samba password setup for root.

	I will also add that I am currently having a problem (just within the
last couple of hours) where it is not possible to browse the workgroup.

	Thanks in advance

	PK

Peter Kernke
Senior Programmer (Infrastructure and Operations)
Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre Ltd
Level 2/33 Park Road
PO Box 1331,
Milton,
Brisbane, Australia, 4064