WINS-server and push/pull

DavidAtkinson at solectron.com DavidAtkinson at solectron.com
Mon Oct 22 21:23:03 GMT 2001

I may be a little behind, but I don't think that this has been implemented
yet. The closest you can do is to have one samba box as a WINS client and a
second one as a WINS server and have both doing WINS proxying, so that they
share the information via broadcasts. This is, however, cludgy, but it does
work. Unfortunatly the best solution is to have multiple Winblows WINS
servers or a single linux box (which makes maintenance tricky)

Regards,
David Atkinson

System Administrator
Solectron Australia