domain admin account ?

Aoclarit aoclarit at kiwi.dhs.org
Thu Oct 18 10:06:04 GMT 2001

Hi folks

I recently set up my samba "PDC" successfully but the only thing that
doesn't quite work is the domain admin account.
I read somewhere that you're supposed to create a samba user that is
part of the UNIX adm-account (by default root,adm and deamon) and then
add this line to smb.conf

Domain Admin group = @adm

if you then log on as this user you're supposed to be the domain admin
but when I do that it seems I'm just another user. When I try to write
to the netlogon-share I still get an access denied and I still cannot
see other user's home directories. Aren't I supposed to be able to do
that as Domain admin ?

help is appreciated

ALEX