Policies stop working in samaba 2.2.2

José Silva jsilva at esec.pt
Thu Oct 18 04:34:03 GMT 2001

 Hi.
 When I used group policies in a Samaba 2.2.1a PDC, my W2K worktaions
acepted them very well. Since I upgrade to Samaba 2.2.2 they stop working.

 I had 2 different group policies constructed with NT Server Policy Editor.

One for "Domain Users" and other for "Domain Admins". With group priority I
established the desired behaviour.

 When I upgrade to samaba 2.2.2 I sow (with "ifmeber" NT resource kit
program) that the users no longer belong to this groups, they belong to the
Unix group. For me that was fine sincenow I could set policies to exactly
the Unix group I want, but unfortunately when I build the "ntconfig.pol"
file, the W2K workstations don't assume this policies.

 I really need help.

    Jose Silva