Login Problem for samba share.

M.Ravi ravikolar at deccanetworld.com
Thu Oct 18 02:16:02 GMT 2001

Dear Sir,

I am using samba on my  RedHat Linux system with Windows NT and 2000 network.I am always facing one
problem.when user connects to the samba share from Windows NT client
it will not allow him to login.his password is same for telnet and FTP service
It will work there without any problem.I am not using sbmpasswd file.
we are using same normal linux login account and password.
In the same client If we login with other user name it will work fine.
If we delete that user profile in the client system next time it will allow.
with the same settings.what is wrong..?This problem is very common for me
I am always deleting there profiles and re creating it.?is there any whey to solve
this problem ? Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

M.Ravi
System Administrator