User List ( aka Beating a Dead Horse )

McEldowney, Michael MMcEldowney at deltaregional.com
Wed Oct 10 12:04:07 GMT 2001

Hey all,

I know this has been posted a gazillion times, but I searched the
archives and came up with exactly nuthin...

I have 2.2.0 running on RH 7.0.  From an NT member server I can use the
"User Mangler for Domains", change to the samba controlled domain, and
get a FULL user list.  From _some_ win98 machines I can see the list,
from _some_ I cannot.  I get the familiar "You cannot view a list of
users at this time. Try again later." message. ARGH!

I have uninstalled file and print sharing on the win98 machine and
reinstalled, to no avail.  I've made sure my passwd and smbpasswd files
are consistent ( that, in fact, did clear up the truncated list problem
I previously had.)

Anybody have a clue as to what is going on?  I'd hate to turn on level
10 debugs, I have nearly 300 users and the log would be HUGE!  Is this
fixed in 2.2.2a?  Do I need to just forget my college football weekend
and upgrade???

Thanks a million,
Mike McEldowney
Information Systems Director
Delta Regional Medical Center
1400 East Union Street
Greenville, MS 38703

v. 662-334-2075
e. mmceldowney at deltaregional.com

Come and visit us on the web!
www.deltaregional.com

Quote of the Month:  "Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that
life is serious."