Access linux files with a NT service program

Raphaël Roung @ SMA Raphaël Roung at SMA
Tue Oct 9 14:33:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am very new, in the Unix/linux world.
I would like to share linux folders with NT machines. I have Red Hat
6.0, NFS and Samba are up.
On my NT (Server, SP6), with the explorer  I can access folder on the
linux machine, create, read files in these folders... All is Ok.
I have a NT program that would do the same. If I execute this program
as a normal NT process, it works also fine.
But if I run this program as a NT service running under system
account, it has no more visibility on the linux machine.
If it sends a dir command, the respond is 0 file, and I am sure there
are files in the linux folder.

If I do the same between two NT machines, to allow the NT service to
see files on a remote NT,
i have to share the remote folder and to modify the remote registry
key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\NullSessionShares
to add the name of the shared folder.

Is there a similar thing to do with linux

Thanks a  lot for your help

Raphaël Roung

rroung at smaeur.com
http://www.sameur.com