NT Samba authentication

Zofishan, Iffath IFFATH.ZOFISHAN at Micrel.Com
Mon Oct 8 10:45:09 GMT 2001

 Hello ,

We are currently running samba version 2.2.1a on Solaris 8. We have a couple
of folders/disks that are shared out and the PC users running windows NT map
these . We are  having a problem which is increasing among all PC users ,
their authentication to Samba maps is not being accepted . It just says
access denied . When this occurs I have to remove all the existing maps and
remap them which will prompt for a password and then it is back to normal.
But once the system crashes  the password is again not accepted. Sometimes I
will have to even change the profile to get back all the maps and get a
successful password authentication. I would really appreciate if someone
could give pointers on this as I am posting this problem for the second
time.

Thanks,

--Iffath