inablity to manage users from w2k machines

johnl at sotxlighthouse.org johnl at sotxlighthouse.org
Tue Oct 2 12:01:51 GMT 2001

Hello again,

I've had no answer to my last post... ever the optimist, I'll try another.

I have a linux/samba acting as pdc on a network of mostly win9x
machines which also has a w2k ts/citrix machine and a w2k
workstation.

I want to add a user to a citrix application, but can see just 2 groups
and 10 users within the domain when I try to do so. There are more
of each. And the user I want to add to the citrix app is not among
those I can 'see'.

All the documentation leads me to an 'Active Directory Users and
Computers' tool to manage users, but this tool seems not to work
with plain old samba 2.2.1a domain users. It won't even start. I get
 'Naming information cannot be located because:
 The specified domain either does not exist or
 could not be contacted"

I've downloaded the NT usrngr and srvmgr tools, but their 'stubs
receive bad data' when I try to run them.

Everything looks fine from linux. The users and groups exist in
/etc/passwd and smbpasswd files.

How can I manage the samba users? How can I even see the
samba domain contents from w2k machines?

Hoping to hear from someone...

---
John Francis Lee, IS Manager
South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind