smbtorture help needed - testing file servers

Mike R. Cannon cannon at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 15 13:01:11 GMT 2001

Any thoughts on a better way to do comparative file system test would be
appreciated?  Or a better place to post question with regards to that.

I am trying to run smbtorture to compare:
NT 4.0
2000
Linux SAMBA
a propritary NAS device

I run the following command:
./smbtorture //testnt-18/data2 -N 16 -U mrcannon%passwd NBWNT

And I get results back against a NT 4 server.  Aginst the NAS and a 2000
server I get the following error repeatedly:

[2001/11/15 15:47:33, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_with_timeout(296)
  read_socket_with_timeout: timeout read. read error = Connection reset
by peer.
testnt-18 rejected the negprot (code 0)

I can mount the file system and run dbench but the servers only see that
as a single connection.  Any thoughts on why I am seeing the error, and
is there anything I can do?

Also when I run smbtorture with the "default" all tests, it will die on
the "MAXFID" test.

Thank you for your time in advance.

--
Mike Cannon