Homepage Virus

Greg J. Zartman, P.E. greg at leiinc.com
Fri May 11 16:29:05 GMT 2001

I realize that it's not the smartest thing in the world to blindly open
email attachments.  Generally, I'm pretty good about it, but in this case
(for some reason), I didn't think twice about opening an attachment sent by
someone else from this mailing list.  I think of everyone here pretty much
like any of my peers here in my office.

It's disappointing to get email messages, like the following, from people
(from this group) in response to email messages sent out by the homepage
virus:
Message:
Some reason you're sending us viruses...?? you'll have to do better than
that if you want to get us and you better hire a good computer tech in the
next few days. We are going to nuke you and you mail server off the net!!!!!

I've received about a dozen message very similar to this one and all from
people on this mailing list.  What gives?

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.