Homepage Virus

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Fri May 11 16:39:43 GMT 2001

Sometimes people don't realize s*** happens.

Other times people have email virus filters and they have automatic

I try my best to handle it professionally and just inform the person that
they have an email virus.  People have to realize that they aren't sent out
intentional.

but you have to realize also that you can't rely on the fact if you trust
the sender or not, because if they are infected, it isn't really them
sending it.

Overall, ask the person if they meant to send the file.

In the case of a vbs file, if you are really impatient, save it to disk and
open it in a text editor.

I don't open attachments from my own mother. :)

But I also agree, people don't need to be rude either.  They also have to
realize that with threatening messages like that, if you experience any
network problems in the very near future, it is enough to give to federal
authorities to have them investigated.

People have to act civil.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer