Samba 2.2 print driver setup

Robert M. Martel bob at meeker.urban.csuohio.edu
Wed Mar 28 22:40:57 GMT 2001

> I'm using 2.2a2 in an environment with both W2K and W98 clients. One very
> annoying inconsistency with W2K is making my life miserable. We've got some
> newer HP models which are not bundled with W2K. I downloaded the drivers
> from HP for both W2K and 95/98 platforms. I browse to my PRINT$ share from a
> W2K server. I'm able to install the W2K driver just fine, but when I go the
> "sharing" tab and try to install "Additional Drivers" for 95/98; W2K just
> errors out complaining the driver is not available.

	This sounds similiar to the problem I have had with 2.0.7 with trying
to automate installs of printer drivers for printers NOT in the windows 98
"built in" driver list (like 4000 or 4500 printers - worked fine for old
LJ 4 or LJ 5SI.)  I asked in the news group and never received any response on
this issue.  Old printers work great, new ones don't work.  Made us very sad.

	I wondered if it was windows wierdness, or Samba weirdness.

	-Bob Martel

 Bob Martel - System Administrator   | I met someone who looks a lot like you
 Levin College of Urban Affairs      | She does the things you do
 Cleveland State University          | But she is an IBM
 (216) 687-2214                      |
 bob at meeker.csuohio.edu              |                     -Jeff Lynne