Samba 2.2 print driver setup

Fouquet, Errol Errol.Fouquet at mms.gov
Wed Mar 28 22:53:03 GMT 2001

Robert,

I've managed to come up with a work-around. I install a dummy local printer
on the W2K box first. I use the downloaded W2K drivers from HP ... the "Have
disk" option. After doing this, I go back to my PRINT$ share on the Samba
box. Now when I right click on the printer, and install "Additional Drivers"
it will let me browse for the drivers ... rather than just crapping out.

Errol Fouquet - UNIX SysAdmin
Minerals Management Service, DOI
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd.
New Orleans,  LA  70123